I have finally decided to start a blog about my running experience. I am in no way an accomplished runner. I have not ran any particularly fast times, nor have I been running for very long. I only ran one year in high school, one quarter in college, and then on and off several times the last five years. The most I am proud of is my love and passion for the sport. It has stuck with me since my senior year in high school and although I did not run consistently the last six years, I have followed the sport online, attended several track meets as a spectator, encouraged runners at my high school, and read several books and articles about training philosophies and the mechanics of running. Certainly nothing more then the average running enthusiast has done. But at this point in my running journey I feel I could benefit from further reflection of my own training, my philosophy of training, my feelings while enduring injury and set backs, and staying motivated through preparation for racing dates. One of the many reasons I ran on and off after my single quarter in college was due to injury and lack of motivation. It is very tough to run and train alone without having a partner to push and motivate you weekly, monthly, and yearly. I hope to use this blog as additional motivation to keep training and running throughout the rest of my life. I love how healthy it makes me feel but I think most of all, I love being part of the strong and passionate community of runners that share their stories and training with each other.
This blog will be mostly filled with my day to day reflections while training; What I felt like during my run, what I wanted to accomplish, what I was focused on, if there were any difficulties I noted, any pain or injuries that I felt starting, what the day was like, random thoughts I had during my run, what I feel I need to work on, what training I should add and look forward to, and finally what personal goals I hope to accomplish for future races and training.
No comments:
Post a Comment