Tuesday, October 14, 2014
2015 Marathon Season Begins!
As mentioned I have restarted my training and have set my goal to finish the Los Angeles Marathon. About nine days have past since I had my first run of what we will call the marathon season. It was a 5.3 mile run in the cool and empty streets of L.A. on the morning of Ciclavia. It was a good run to start off the season. Nothing much to say about this run, it was nice and fairly flat. Finished in 40:43 with a 7:42/mile pace.
The next run I planned was going to be the major, hard, welcome back to running session. I decided to really make make myself hurt by running in the hills of Griffith Park. I ran 5 mile again but this route always kicks my ass early and late as well. It starts off with a steep .25 mile followed by 2.25 miles of rolling hills. This is called the merry-go-round and old zoo trail. Finished at a time of 45:30, at a pace of 9:06/mile. Ya, like I said it kicks my ass..
After some days off to recover from that effort, while doing 30mins on a stair master to add to my fitness level, I ran another set of 5 miles. These will be called the Ranger Station loop which is from my house into the Griffith Park entrance and then the trails to the Ranger Station. This comes out to 5.25 miles and relatively flat with very short and tiny hills. For this purpose I will just call it a flat trail. The first effort I ran at 39:54 and then the second effort two days later at 39:19. I did a 8.25 mile bike ride one day between and a 30min stair master workout the other day between.
My focus for this season is adding lots of strength to my legs while limiting the impact to my knees. Also while still trying to keep some speed legs in the mean time. In order to achieve this I have decided to have 30min stair master workouts every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and then have a 1hr biking sessoins on Tuesdays and Fridays. This is open to change depending on how my energy and body will react to this stress level as the season progresses. I will have a bi-monthly review on my plan as my training progresses and a weekly review of my week and a recap of certain quality workouts and some moments I felt great during my workouts of the week. Till next time, happy running!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment